3 Ways To Cook Tasty Chicken Wings
Do you love chicken wings? Here are 3 other ways to cook delicious chicken wings.
You can easily experiment with chicken wings in the kitchen because there are many ways to prepare it. It’s hard to go wrong, so if you’re stuck thinking about what to delight your family and friends with as you welcome the New Year, you can check out these 3 ways to cook chicken wings.
Below are three ways you can cook chicken wings:
Chargrilled Uziza Crusted Chicken Wings
This recipe was developed by Nigerian Lazy Chef. It is quite hard to mess up because of its simplicity. Using uziza for this delicacy goes excellently with the fresh salad and mashed potatoes.
- 10 medium-sized wings
- 1½ tbsp of cracked uziza seeds
- 1 grated garlic clove
- ⅛ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp soy sauce or you may use any bouillon
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tbsp melted butter
- Salt to taste
- A slice of lemon and its juice for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Sear the chicken in a non-stick pan on both sides to get a crust.
- Then move it into the oven-safe dish and then into the oven and cook for 20 to 30 minutes. Be sure to flip it once.
- When the chicken is done, leave it alone for about ten minutes before serving with any side. If you like, squeeze in some lemon juice.
Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
- 14 chicken wings
- 1 small mango
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 habanero pepper
- 3 small seasoning cubes (chicken flavour)
- With a dry mill, blend the onion powder, thyme, black pepper and seasoning cubes into powder.
- Then clean the chicken and rinse thoroughly. Place in a bowl and add the blended spices and herbs.
- Mix properly and cover the bowl with aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator to marinate for one hour.
- Afterwards, place in your oven tray and bake at 400ºF for half an hour. During the baking, peel the mango and chop into pieces.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper before chopping it into tiny pieces. Then blend mango, add salt to better the flavour, and mix well.
- Then after baking for thirty minutes, use a brush to rub some of the mangoes all over the chicken. Make sure every side gets a touch of mango.
- Put back in the oven for five minutes before applying another coat of mango. Remove from the oven after a total of 10 minutes.
Smokey Baked Style
This greatness on a plate is easy to prepare, plus you can swap out some ingredients to create your own taste. For example, chipotle can be replaced with Cameroon pepper, black pepper, pepper soup spice blend, or suya spice blend.
- 24 split chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper
- ½ large bell pepper
- ½ large onion
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 bouillon cubes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons each of butter and honey (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and bouillon cubes, then set aside. Then add the peppers, spices, onion, and garlic cloves, honey, and butter in a blender, plus two tablespoons of water, and puree to smooth paste.
- Pour ⅔ of the marinade onto the chicken, mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment or foil and then arrange chicken pieces on the tray and bake for 35-40 minutes
- As the chicken cooks, combine the leftover marinade with butter. Set on medium heat and cook for 4 minutes, stir in honey if using and then remove from heat.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the oven, add into a bowl and add on the cooked sauce. To get a better colour on, return to the oven for another ten minutes and you’re done.
Easy as they are to prepare, these ways to cook chicken wings are the perfect blend of tenderness, spiciness and pure goodness. They are all that good!