7 Avocado Smoothie Recipes
Are you trying to lose weight or in need of a quick breakfast? An avocado smoothie is a great choice both needs. They are quick to make, healthy and tastes divine. Read this article for 7 avocado smoothie recipes.
Avocado fruit is a product of the avocado tree, known scientifically as Persea Americana. Avocados are nutritious and have gotten the attention of health-conscious consumers because of its health benefits. It contains vitamins like vitamin K, E, B5, B6, folate, fatty acids, and potassium. And what better way to ensure that you have your own share of the vitamins from avocado than to blend it into a yummy avocado smoothie. Here are 7 avocado smoothie recipes you could try.
7 avocado smoothie recipes
Smoothies are great not only because they are easy and fast to make, but because they let you combine your favourite ingredients and blend into a yummy drink. Below are seven avocado smoothies for you to try.
- Avocado banana smoothie
- 1 ripe avocado
- Ripe banana (1)
- 1 cup of cold water
- 4 spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond flakes
- Add the ingredients into your blender in the following order: Water, honey, almond flakes, avocado, banana, and spinach leaves.
- Blend until completely smooth or to taste.
- You may now garnish with flakes (almond) and serve
- Coconut avocado smoothie
- 1 avocado
- 1 coconut
- First, you have to make coconut milk. To do that, break the coconut and remove the coconut. Then blend with warm water and sieve to produce coconut milk thereafter.
- Peel and cut the avocado. Then put in a blender.
- While your blender is running, pour the coconut milk throughout that small hole on top.
- Blend until you achieve your desired consistency.
Keto avocado smoothie (low carb)
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (ginger)
- I cup crushed ice.
- ¾ coconut milk
- ¼ almond milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Sweetener (sugar-free and to taste)
- With the exception of sweetener and ice, add all the ingredients into your blender and blend at slow speed until it is smooth.
- Then add your sweetener and ice, and then blend at high speed.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as you’d like. Adding a bit of black pepper can make the curcumin in your turmeric readily absorbed by the body.
- Chocolate avocado smoothie
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of milk
- Add all the ingredients into your blender and blend at full speed until you achieve your desired consistency. Also, for more thickness, add more milk.
- If your banana wasn’t frozen, you can add ice cubes.
- Pineapple Avocado smoothie
- 2 cups pineapple chunks (frozen)
- 2 teaspoon honey (or to taste)
- 1 cup water
- ½ avocado (peel and remove the ball inside)
- 2 cups spinach
- Honey (to taste)
- Add the ingredients into the blender in this exact order: water, avocado, spinach, and pineapple. Then blend to achieve your desired smoothness.
- Stop the blender and add honey to taste. Blend some more.
Cucumber avocado smoothie
- 1 avocado
- Cucumber (1)
- 1 lime juice
- ½ cup of water
- Salt (just a pinch)
- Remove avocado seed and fetch the flesh out.
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender. Add a pinch of salt.
- Blend to your desired smoothness.
- Avocado coffee smoothie
- 1 avocado (peel and remove seed)
- ⅓ condensed milk (sweetened)
- ½ cup of ice cubes
- ½ coconut milk
- 3 ounces of brewed coffee (or espresso)
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Serve with a straw or spoon.
The great thing about smoothie recipes and ingredients is that they allow you to experiment and discover your own recipe. Don’t be afraid to experiment. The worst that can happen is you get a bad smoothie.