Tasty Brownie Recipes For Your Spouse And Kids
Brownies are super delicious. Who doesn't love them? They are easy to make too. They can be prepared in different forms, either as a fudge, sludge or cake. A brownie cake is much thicker and richer than your average chocolate cake though. Some people like it with a crisp top, while others don't. Brownie recipes aren't hard to get right, as long as flour or chocolate doesn't scare you.
What is a brownie?
It is a flat baked dessert that is filled with chocolate and nuts of your choice. Brownies are special for a celebration like birthdays. They come in several forms and it is called brownie because of the chocolate colour. It is different from a chocolate cake. They make a great gift for your loved ones.
Additionally, though brownies can be baked in many pan shapes, they are most commonly baked in a square or rectangular-shaped pan. They are then cut into squares for serving.
Brownie recipe for your spouse
Layered brownie cake
- One and a half cups of butter
- Six ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- Three cups of caster sugar
- Five eggs
- One and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- One and a half teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Three-quarter tablespoon of salt
- Sixteen ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Three cups of heavy whipping cream
- Half cup of white sugar
- Three ounces of milk chocolate shaved
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease the inside cake pans. Dust the inside of each pan with flour.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Take the saucepan off the stove, then stir in three cups of sugar.
- Let the mixture cool a little before beating in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the flour, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool.
- Melt 16 ounces of chopped chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, then stir in the heavy cream and half cup of sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, and refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours
- Beat the mixture until it gets stiff peaks.
- Start assembling and decorating the cake.
Brownies for your kid
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- ⅔ cup Unsweetened Chocolate
- ⅔ cup of bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 1 ¼ cups Sugar
- Salt (A pinch of it)
- 1 ½ tablespoon of vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 325F
- Melt the chocolates (both the unsweetened and bittersweet) and the butter over a bain-marie. Once melted, set this aside and let cool.
- Mix eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla in a separate bowl until well blended.
- Blend in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and then sift and fold flour.
- Bake for about 30 minutes for regular brownies.
- If adding the custard, drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter into lined muffin cups.
- Set aside, and proceed to make the custard.
- Beat egg yolk, then pour in the vanilla, milk and condensed milk. Blend well.
- Pour into prepared lined muffin cups with the brownie mixture.
- Bake at 325F for about 30 minutes.
Whether it's Children's Day, Independence Day, Birthdays, brownies are a sure way to colour any holidays or celebration with your family
Read also: 5 Recipes Your Kids Will Love Snacking On