Carrot Stew - A Delicious Recipe That Needs To Make It To Your Table
Carrot stew is a great substitute for tomato stew and a means of adding more vegetables to your kid's diet.
Are you looking for a way to add more vegetables to your kid’s diet? This recipe on how to make carrot stew is what you need.
Tomato stew is surely the most popular stew in Nigeria, but if you want to try something new, carrot stew is a good idea. Besides being delicious and healthy, it serves a great substitute for tomato stew and can be paired with rice, plantain or yam.
Tomatoes are also seasonal and become quite expensive, but carrots are cheap and accessible. Carrots can be used in preparing other recipes such as vegetable salad, meat pie, fried rice, vegetarian carrot stew, carrot sauce, and carrot stir fry. So here’s to giving carrot a chance in your kitchen with the carrot stew recipe below:
How To Make Carrot Stew
- 500g carrot
- 300g cow meat
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon fried shallot
- 2 small green pepper
- 3 medium fresh pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosemary spice
- 2 seasoning cubes
- A medium clove fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 250ml vegetable oil
Preparing for carrot stew
- Thoroughly wash your carrots, then scrape the back for sticking dirt, then wash again before grating.
- Wash and slice the onion, pound the fresh pepper and set aside.
- Also, wash the beef thoroughly and put aside.
- Grate the fresh turmeric and garlic, and then wash and chop the green pepper.
- Put the washed beef in an empty pot, then add rosemary spice, fried shallot, fresh garlic, turmeric, seasoning cube, salt and very little water, and then mix with a turning stick before applying heat.
- Let the meat cook for 7 to 10 minutes on medium heat before removing.
- Pour vegetable oil in an empty dry pot and heat for two minutes, then add your sliced onions and stir, before adding your grated carrot and then stirring again. Cook the carrot till the water dries up.
- Then add pepper, curry powder, meat with stock, stir, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Afterwards, add seasoning cube, salt, water to your thickness of choice, and then stir, cover and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- The final step is to add your chopped green pepper, then stir and leave for another two minutes before removing from heat.
Enjoy your carrot stew with rice, plantain (ripe or unripe) or white yam.