Video: Davido’s fiancee Chioma shares secret behind her huge milk production
Davido's fiancee Chioma reveals secret behind her healthy breast milk production. She says her diet is a huge contributor. Watch the video here.
Davido’s fiancee Chioma Avril Rowland took to her Instastories to reveal the secret behind her huge milk production.
The new mum stated that she has been expressing more milk because she takes a lot of oatmeal with milk three times daily, fish, chicken and a lot of water.
She also shared a video of her milking machine and some of her feeders filled with breast milk.
“For everyone asking why I produce that much milk, I’ve been having a lot of oats 3 times daily (with milk definitely), fish (salmon, croaker), Chicken as well and a lot of water. Plus I think I just naturally produce a lot but these increase the quality and quantity.”, she wrote.
[video width="480" height="852" mp4="admin.africaparent.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2019/11/Chioma-Baby-Milk-Africaparent.mp4"][/video]
[video width="480" height="852" mp4="admin.africaparent.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2019/11/Davidos-Baby-Milk-Africaparent.mp4"][/video]
How To Increase Your Lactation and Milk Supply
Like Davido's fiancee, you too can increase lactation and milk supply.
- Make sure that the baby is nursing efficiently. This is the “remove more milk” part of increasing milk production. If milk is not effectively removed from the breast, then mom’s milk supply decreases.
- Like Davido's fiancee, eat lactogenic foods
- Nurse frequently, and for as long as your baby is actively nursing. Remember – you want to remove more milk from the breasts and do this frequently. If the baby is having weight gain problems, aim to nurse at least every 1.5-2 hours during the day and at least every 3 hours at night.
- Take a nursing vacation. Take baby to bed with you for 2-3 days, and do nothing but nurse (frequently!) and rest (well, you can eat too!).
- Offer both sides at each feeding. Let baby finish the first side, then offer the second side.
- Switch nurse. Switch sides 3 or more times during each feeding.
- Use each side at least twice per feeding. Use breast compression to keep baby feeding longer. This can be particularly helpful for sleepy or easily distracted babies.
More Lactation Tips
- Avoid pacifiers and bottles when possible. All of the baby’s sucking needs should be met at the breast (see above). If a temporary supplement is medically required, it can be given with a nursing supplementer or by spoon, cup or dropper (see Alternative Feeding Methods).
- Give baby only breastmilk. Avoid all solids, water, and formula if the baby is younger than six months, and consider decreasing solids if the baby is older. If you are using more than a few ounces of formula per day, wean from the supplements gradually to “challenge” your breasts to produce more milk.
- Take care of mom. Rest. Sleep when the baby sleeps. Relax. Drink liquids to thirst (don’t force liquids – drinking extra water does not increase supply), and eat a reasonably well-balanced diet.
- Consider pumping. Adding pumping sessions after or between nursing sessions can be very helpful – pumping is very important when baby is not nursing efficiently or frequently enough.
Also read: Lactogenic foods to increase milk supply