Gastroenteritis Outbreak: Lagos State Opens An Emergency Operation Centre
Consequent upon the growing concern about the recent increase in the incidence of gastroenteritis in Lagos State, the government has activated an Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) to coordinate response against the outbreak of the disease as well as other infectious ailments.
Lagos Tackles Gastroenteritis Via The Ministry Of Health
Commissioner For Health, Abayomi Gives Further Details on Gastroenteritis
Preventive measures against Gastroenteritis
Members of the public are hereby advised to take precautionary measures by:
- paying due attention to personal hygiene and environmental sanitation
- by keeping their environment clean
- avoiding open defecation
- ensuring drains are clean
- and imbibe the culture of regular hand washing.
- wash your hands with soaps and water frequently and thoroughly
- boil your water before drinking especially if the source is in doubts
- wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating
- cook food thoroughly and dispose of waste material properly
For reports, clarification and more information on the outbreak of gastroenteritis, citizens and health workers can contact the Directorate of Disease Control through these lines: 08023169485 and 08023608195.