How to make soya beans powder
Soy milk has so many amazing health benefits! If you prefer homemade soy milk, then read on for tips on how to make soya beans powder.
Health benefits of soy milk
If you want to know how to make soya beans powder, then you are essentially trying to learn how to make soy milk at home. Soy milk is delicious and healthy, and this is why you should add it to your diet.
1. Soy milk contains vitamins and minerals that are good for the body
2. Drinking soya beans milk can help lower bad cholesterol and improve your heart health
3. People suffering from Type 2 diabetes benefit from drinking soy milk because it helps normalize blood pressure
4. It helps to relieve the effects of menopause on women
5. According to the American Cancer Society, drinking soya beans milk can help lower the risk of breast cancer in women
How to make soya beans powder – ingredients
• 2 cups soya beans
• 10 cups water
• 1 unripe plantain
• ½ cup fried groundnuts
• Honey, sugar or sweetener for taste (optional)
• 3 teaspoons ground crayfish (optional)
Method – how to make soya beans powder
Step 1 – cleaning and preparing the soya beans
• Sort your soya beans in a tray and throw out bad beans, dirt, and soil
You will have to sort your soya beans the same way you would sort any other kind of beans. This will keep it free from impurities and make the blending process easier. Learning how to make soya beans powder will start from how effectively you can clean the beans.
• Wash the soya beans and leave overnight to dry
The beans have to be dry before you grind. Otherwise, it will be impossible to get the smooth powder consistency. Your soya beans powder might come out in clumps if there is still moisture in the beans. At this stage, check for more stones and dirt.
• In a saucepan, roast the soya beans until they turn crispy and golden brown and the peel comes off easily
When roasting the soya beans, you will have to stir it occasionally on low heat so it doesn’t burn. You will roast it like you would peanuts.
• Blend or grind the soya beans while it is still hot
You will get a smooth powder consistency if you grind the beans immediately after removing it from the fire. Once it cools, there’s a chance that it might come out clumpy. It is advisable to roast the beans after you’ve prepared the other ingredients.
Step 2 – preparing the unripe plantain
• Wash and peel the unripe plantain
• Slice plantain into very thin slices and leave out in the sun to dry
• Alternatively, if you don’t have enough sun to dry it, you can dry your plantain flakes in the oven
• Better yet, you can skip the whole drying process if you buy ready-made plantain chips from the market and dry that instead
Step 3 – preparing the groundnut
• Roast your raw groundnut in a saucepan until golden brown, then set aside to cool
• Peel the groundnut to separate the nuts from the peel
Step 4 – grinding all the ingredients
• Place all the ingredients in a heavy duty blender or mill and blend
• Store the powder in an airtight container
Soy milk is nutritious and delicious. If you’re feeling adventurous after you’ve learned how to make soya beans powder, you can add vanilla flavour, mint flavour, or coffee flavour. If you are giving the soy milk to kids, you can add crayfish for an extra nutrition boost.
Resources: Organic Facts
Also Read: Nigerian chicken pepper soup recipe