You should try this refreshing watermelon apple smoothie recipe
Are you looking for the perfect smoothie for weight loss, detox or just something refreshing? You can try this tasty watermelon apple smoothie!
You’ve probably heard that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but staying out of hospitals isn’t really the main reason why people enjoy apples. Apples are yummy! The fact that apples are loaded with nutrients is just an added bonus.
Now, watermelons on their own can compete with apples when it comes to taste and nutritional value, but can you imagine the lovely result you’ll get when you combine these two fruits to make a watermelon apple smoothie?
The taste is absolutely fantastic!
Nutritional value of watermelons
As you’re getting ready to make your watermelon apple smoothie, you may be wondering about the health benefits of this fruit. Watermelons are sweet, refreshing and they popularly feature in many smoothie recipes including our watermelon apple smoothie.
But why should you eat watermelons? According to Healthline.com, you can get the following benefits from eating watermelons:
• Watermelons are 90% water, which means they can keep you hydrated and healthy
• You can manage the symptoms of asthma, cancer and inflammation by eating more watermelons
• Introducing fruits and vegetables to your diet can help with weight loss
• Watermelons can improve your complexion and help you grow longer and healthier hair
• According to the American Journal of Hypertension, watermelon extract has been found to improve the circulatory system of obese males suffering from stage 1 hypertension
• Making watermelons a part of your diet can help you fight constipation and aid in digestion
• Your skincare routine should include watermelons because it is a great source of vitamin A
• This fruit is amazingly low in calories – 1 cup of watermelon has about 45 calories in total
Nutritional value of apples in your watermelon apple smoothie
Apples are delightfully tasty, and as you already know by now, they are also rich in vitamins and minerals. You should eat apples because:
• Apples are good for weight loss because they are dense in fibre and water: this means that they can fill you up very quickly and prevent overeating
• Studies have shown that apples can improve heart health by reducing cholesterol and lowering blood pressure
• You can prevent type 2 diabetes just by eating a few apples every week
• Apples have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which help lower the risk of cancer
• You can reduce the side effects of NSAIDs by eating apples regularly
• Mental decline is slower in people who eat apples
Ingredients for watermelon apple smoothie
1 cup watermelon
1 apple, chopped
2 teaspoons honey
How to make the smoothie
Pour apple into the blender
Pour watermelon into the blender
Measure two teaspoons of honey and pour into the blender
Add a cup of water to the fruits (optional)
Add ice cubes
Turn the blender on and blend at high speed until smooth
Serve your refreshing smoothie while still cold!
If you are looking to diversify your diet by adding more fruits and vegetables, then give this watermelon apple smoothie a shot!
Also Read: Nigerian chicken pepper soup recipe